The Faculty of Physician Associates launches an election process seeking new Executive Board members
The Faculty of Physician Associates (FPA) is delighted to announce the launch of an election process to fill two positions on the FPA Executive Board.
The FPA Executive Board is driven by the expertise, skill and experience of talented physician associates (PAs). Led by a presidential team, the Board drives forward the PA profession and continually campaigns for change at national level. Within the past year, the team has driven forward the #RegulatePAsNow campaign, formed a group to develop a PA career development framework and executed the FPA’s most successful virtual conference to date.
There is now an exciting opportunity for two new members to join the Board for a fixed 3-year period. The two elected Board members will join the executive team and support president Jamie Saunders and vice president Chandran Louis on a range of exciting projects. The Board works closely with the FPA manager and team to execute their duties. They include:
- supporting FPA members with queries and/or concerns relating to their clinical practice/professional development
- supporting the team with the development of the membership offer
- contributing to the FPA annual conference, annual general meeting, and additional activities to support members
- attending quarterly board meetings (in person/virtually).
Being a member of the Executive Board is fast-paced and varied, and offers PAs the opportunity to grow their knowledge and skillset – all during an exciting transitional time for the profession. The FPA welcomes nominations from candidates who:
- are a qualified FPA member
- are listed on the PA Managed Voluntary Register
- an demonstrate previous experience of supporting the profession/PA colleagues
- are able commit to a 3-year term of office (estimated to begin in March 2023)
- have 3-years post-qualification experience (desirable).
Self-nomination is permitted, and all candidates must have their nomination seconded by at least one other qualified FPA member. Candidates are then required to submit
- an election statement of 600 words and a photograph
- a short CV (please download the below template)
- a declaration of interest (please download the below template)
- a statement from their employer that confirms should the applicant be successful; they will be released to attend faculty meetings.
All documents are to be emailed to [email protected] by Friday 3 February 2023.
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected] for assistance.