How can I get involved?
There are many ways of getting involved in the Faculty of Physician Associates. You can email us your CV and a covering letter laying out your interest and expertise, and we will consider it when posts become available.
Physician Associate representative for RCP Diversity and Inclusion (DI) Delivery Group
'A 2020 vision: an independent report into Diversity and Inclusion in the RCP' published in July 2020 included 29 recommendations to unlock the potential contribution of RCP members and staff. A Delivery Group (DG) is being created to ensure the 29 recommendations in the report are achieved. Membership of the DG will include senior officers, staff representatives of the following membership sub-groups: fellows, trainees, physician associates and Specialty and Associate Specialty (SAS) doctors. We are seeking One physician associate representative - sourced from the non-student members of the FPA membership.
- ensure they are aware of the DI-related challenges experienced by the membership subgroup they represent
- communicate regularly with their membership subgroup providing opportunities for feedback and ideas to be shared, working with RCP staff
- work sensitively to help deliver constructive outcomes
- support the establishment of measurement systems and review data and analysis
- help design interventions and oversee their integration into Standard Operating Procedures; reviewing and reporting progress
- influence changes within the college governance systems
- participate in quarterly DI delivery group meetings
- contribute between meetings, e.g. providing feedback, ideas, progress updates.
2 years (December 2020 – November 2022)
Estimated at 25 – 30 hours a year, including quarterly meetings. Meetings are likely to be virtual and will be timed to accommodate participants’ needs as far as possible. Funding will be available towards childcare costs to enable meeting participation.
The role holder will be able to:
- communicate skilfully and present at meetings; listen without judgement and ask questions to understand others’ experience; summarise and explain complex information
- demonstrate emotional intelligence and resilience; able to handle challenge and disagreement sensitively and constructively
- understand equality, diversity and inclusion challenges
- analyse data and make recommendations
- understand internal RCP processes
- demonstrate the RCP values underpinning our work – collaboration, care and sharing.
How to apply
If you are a physician associate and would like to express an interest in the representative role we are now inviting applications.
Please provide a statement of 400-600 words detailing how you demonstrate the skills /experience and your motivation for the role to [email protected] by midday on Friday 20 November 2020.
If you would like to discuss the role or the DG in more detail, please contact [email protected]
We are expecting a high level of interest in the roles and so shortlisting for interview will take place on Monday 23 November 2020 by the DI DG.
The provisional date for a short (20 minute) interview for those successfully shortlisted will be Friday 27 November. The interview panel will consist of three members of the DG. Wherever possible we will work around the existing commitments of applicants and schedule interviews at times that suit (including evenings).
For more information, please read the documents below.