The FPA census
The 2018 FPA National Census is now closed. Thank you to everyone who contributed. We will update you soon on the plans for its publication.
The Faculty of Physician Associates runs an annual census for all UK physician associates and student physician associates. The annual census has several important uses including:
- to document the geographic and specialty spread of the profession and the scope of practice of physician associates. This information is of great interest to potential employers and policy makers
- to advocate for statutory regulation of the profession
- to assist potential employers in setting proper remuneration for physician associates they may wish to hire
- to document the advancement of the profession in the UK, for use in academic work or papers
- to record how many people have trained and qualified as physician associates but are not currently working as physician associates. This may indicate a need to modify training or job placement activities.
Please see below for the census results from 2014 through to 2017.