The Faculty of Physician Associates is driven by the expertise, skill and experience of talented physician associates to keep it running. We’re currently recruiting positions to the Faculty Board.
Positions open on the FPA Board
We are appointing two Faculty officer roles, Secretary and Treasurer to our Faculty Board. These are senior leadership roles dedicated to supporting the development of the FPA and in turn the profession. The terms of office for each role will be three years and the Faculty Board currently meets 4 times a year.
The Secretary of the FPA has a wide and varying role. The Secretary will work closely with the manager of the FPA, President and other members of the Faculty Board, RCP and stakeholders to execute their duties. The secretary of the board shall be responsible for, among other duties:
- Leading the Professional Standards work stream
- Support with the development of the membership offer
- Support the running of FPA elections in conjunction with the FPA manager
- Support the running of the FPA census in conjunction with the work stream lead for Research and development and RCP
- The management of external correspondence and ensuring that requests made of the Board of Directors or relevant to the governance of the Association, is reported and responded to in a timely manner.
- Ensuring the recording and maintenance of the minutes of the regular meetings of the Board, the Executive team and the annual membership meeting
The Treasurer of the FPA will have oversight of maintenance and accounting of the FPA finances within the systems and governance processes of the RCP, and shall give a report of the general financial condition of the Faculty at the annual meeting of the membership.
The Treasurer will give regular financial updates at board meetings, work closely with the RCP Treasurer and attend executive team meetings. The treasurer will look at avenues that the FPA may be able to explore for funding (grants, sponsorship) and fund raising.
Please see the job descriptions below for a full list of responsibilities, as well as qualifications and experience required.
How do I apply?
View the Job Descriptions for both roles on the Get involved page.
To be considered for any of these positions please submit your expressions of interest alongside a career CV by Tuesday 29 May to [email protected]