Physician associate membership
As a member of the Faculty of Physician Associates (FPA), you are part of a professional membership body that campaigns for progress and change in the profession, advises government, and takes part in national debates on medical, clinical and public health issues.
Why should I join?
For £205 per annum, the FPA will support your continuing education and professional development throughout your career. Members benefit from a number of services specifically tailored to their needs as physician associates, including:
- inclusion on the Physician Associate Managed Voluntary Register (PAMVR)
- free access to the CPD diary and complementary CPD app for iOS and Android devices.
- subscriptions to RCP publications, such as Clinical Medicine and Commentary
- discounts on a range of RCP conferences, workshops and events
- library services including access to ejournals, ebooks and databases, document delivery and free literature searches
- regular communications through the FPA president’s bulletin and RCP member emails.
We offer 50% discount to members on parental leave.
To become a member of the Faculty of Physician Associates you should:
- be a graduate of a nationally recognised physician associate programme, including those accredited by:
- Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or its successor agency, or
- by one of its predecessor agencies:
- Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAHEA), or
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP):
- have passed the Physician Associate National Certifying Examination (PANCE) administered by:
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) or
- British equivalents to any of those above.
- live, or work as a Physician Associate, in the UK.
How to apply
Step 1: Complete the online membership application here
Step 2: Download and complete the Self-disclosure form from the documents below
Step 3: Email the completed Self-disclosure form, a copy of your passport and the completed direct debit mandate form to [email protected]
Please make sure to download, complete and save the form on your computer before attaching to your email.
Please ensure that submitted forms and copies of supporting documents are clear and legible to avoid delay in processing of membership.
Payment options for new members
Currently, Direct Debit is the only method of payment that we accept for new applications for membership of the FPA.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.