Physician associate membership
As a member of the Faculty of Physician Associates (FPA), you are part of a professional membership body that campaigns for progress and change in the profession, advises government and takes part in national debates on medical, clinical and public health issues.
Why should I join?
For £205 per annum, the FPA will support your continuing education and professional development throughout your career. Members benefit from a number of services specifically tailored to their needs as physician associates, including:
- inclusion on the Physician Associate Managed Voluntary Register (PAMVR)
- free access to the CPD diary and complementary CPD app for iOS and Android devices.
- subscriptions to RCP publications, such as Clinical Medicine and Commentary
- discounts on a range of RCP conferences, workshops and events
- library services including access to ejournals, ebooks and databases, document delivery and free literature searches
- regular communications through the FPA president’s bulletin and RCP member emails.
We offer 50% discount to members on parental leave.
To become a member of the Faculty of Physician Associates you should:
- be a graduate of a nationally recognised physician associate programme, including those accredited by:
- Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA), or
- ARC-PA’s successor agency, or
- one of ARC-PA’s predecessor agencies:
- Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAHEA), or
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
- have passed the Physician Associate National Certifying Examination (PANCE) administered by:
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) or
- British equivalents to any of those above.
- live, or work as a Physician Associate, in the UK.
How to apply
2: Complete the online application form for FPA membership
3: You will be asked to upload a copy of your passport and a completed self-disclosure form, which can also be found below
Please ensure that you have signed this form before submitting your application. Any unsigned document will not be accepted.
Please ensure that your uploaded form and copies of supporting documents are clear and legible to avoid delay in processing your membership application.
Please be aware that membership can take up to two weeks to process from date that your application was received.
Payment options for new members
Currently, Direct Debit is the only method of payment that we accept for new FPA membership applications.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.