North East Association of Physician Associates First Regional Conference (NEAPA)
Friday June 28 2019 - Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE14LP
A free CPD event designed for 60 qualified PAs across the northern region, the programme will focus on general medicine and simulation with poster presentations.
There is no ticket cost associated with this event. 3 CPD credits have been applied for.
- Speaker/session 1: Registration, lunch & welcome – Alice Fitzpatrick, PA-R - representing NEAPA. Lead Physician Associate at RVI Newcastle upon Tyne (30 mins)
- Speaker/session 2: Interstitial Lung Disease - Dr Ian Forrest, Consultant Respiratory Physician BSc(Hons) MBChB(Hons) PhD FRCP, RVI Newcastle Upon Tyne. Learning objectives: update in ILD, ILD referral pathway. (45 min clinical session)
- Speaker/session 3: Haematology on the acute take – Dr John Hanley, Consultant Haematologist and Director of Medical Education MBChB, MD, FRCP, FRCPath, Cert Med Ed, RVI Newcastle upon Tyne. Learning objectives: identifying common haematology issues with acute medical patients – a PA toolkit (45 min clinical session).
- Speaker/session 4: Break – poster presentation from submissions with judging by speakers (20 mins)
- Speaker/session 5: Taking consent for physician associates – Mr Jeremy French, Consultant HPB Surgeon, BMedSci, MBBS, MRCS, MD, FRCS (Gen Surg), Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne. Learning objectives: to best medical practice regarding consent, and specifically the role of the physician associate in surgical consent. (30 min round robin session)
- Speaker/session 6: Acute care simulation (UGIB) – Dr Nadia Stock, Consultant Acute Physician, RVI Newcastle upon Tyne. Learning objectives: simulation of UGIB with feedback and discussion of human factors in acute care. (30 min round robin session)
- Speaker/session 7: Oxygen therapy - how much is too much? – Dr Carlos Echevarria, Consultant Respiratory Physician, RVI Newcastle upon Tyne. Learning objectives: risk of oxygen therapy in acutely unwell patients, recent date on hyperoxygenation, BTS COPD guidelines. (30 min round robin session)
- Speaker/session 8: Poster presentation prize giving, feedback & close - Alice Fitzpatrick, PA-R - representing NEAPA. Lead Physician Associate at RVI Newcastle upon Tyne
For more information, please email Alice Fitzpatrick: [email protected] by 30th May 2019
NEAPA look forward to welcoming you to their first annual regional conference!
To ensure availability for regional PAs, tickets will be allocated to delegates from the region, however those from elsewhere and student PAs please apply - reserve list available.