Physician associate membership
As a member of the Faculty of Physician Associates (FPA), you are part of a professional membership body that campaigns for progress and change in the profession, advises government, and takes part in national debates on medical, clinical and public health issues.
Why should I join?
For £200 per annum, the FPA will support your continuing education and professional development throughout your career. Members benefit from a number of services specifically tailored to their needs as physician associates, including:
- subscriptions to RCP publications, such as Clinical Medicine and Commentary
- discounts on a range of RCP conferences, workshops and events
- library services including access to ejournals, ebooks and databases,document delivery and free literature searches
- regular communications through the FPA president’s bulletin and RCP member emails
- use of the RCP building for individual study.
Fully qualified physician associate members also receive:
- free access to the CPD Diary
- inclusion on the Physician Associate Managed Voluntary Register (PAMVR).
To become a member of the Faculty of Physician Associates you should:
- be a graduate of a nationally recognised physician associate programme, including those accredited by:
- Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or its successor agency, or
- by one of its predecessor agencies:
- have passed the Physician Associate National Certifying Examination (PANCE) administered by:
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA), or
- British equivalents to any of those above.
How to apply
You can apply for full physician associate membership by downloading both forms (part 1 and part 2) and returning them to [email protected] .
Please make sure to download, complete and save the forms on your computer before attaching them to the email.