The faculty of physician associates will run an annual census for all UK physician associates and student physician associates.
The annual census has several important uses:
- Documents the geographic and specialty spread of the profession and documents the scope of practice of physician associates. This information is of great interest to potential employers and policy makers.
- Data is used by the faculty of physician associates in advocacy for statutory regulation of the profession.
- Data on average incomes is used to assist potential employers in setting proper remuneration for physician associates they may wish to hire.
- Data is released to physician associates who are working on dissertations or other scientific papers which document the advancement of the profession in the UK.
- The faculty of physician associates needs to know how many people have trained as physician associates who are not currently working as physician associates. This may indicate a need to modify training or job placement activities
Please see below for the census results from 2016, 2015 and 2014.